NEW Data Engineer opening for our client is Saint Petersburg, FL. Please apply below.
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Duration: Full-Time, Direct-Hire
You are a Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience with SQL server, data warehousing and business intelligence projects. You also have at least 3 years of experience with SSIS. Your work produces ETL processes that are scalable, efficient, audited and as re-usable. As part of the Data Services team you are primarily responsible for implementing ETL processes that populate Kimball style star schemas using a variety of source data on multiple SQL Server 2014-2017 data warehouse implementations.
- Develop, design, tune and maintain SSIS packages to perform the ETL process.
- Design and develop SQL Server stored procedures, functions, views and triggers to be used during the ETL process.
- Perform data profiling and source to target mappings (while capturing ETL and business metadata) for populating Kimball style dimensional models.
- Write scripts for automated testing of data in the target facts and dimensions.
- Capture audit information during all phases of the ETL process.
- Write and maintain documentation of the ETL processes via process flow diagrams.
- Conduct appropriate functional and performance testing to identify bottlenecks and data quality issues. they will do deep analysis on source data to determine the feasibility of using this data to solve business needs.
- Be able to implement slowly changing dimensions as well as transaction, accumulating snapshot, and periodic snapshot fact tables.
- Collaborate with business users, other data services team members, and other developers throughout the organization to help everyone understand issues that affect the data warehouse.
- Query optimization
- Production support
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence projects
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases (SQL Server)
- 3-5 years of experience with SSIS
- Deep understanding of both OLTP and star schema
- Experience pulling data from a variety of data source types (Postgres, MySQL a plus)
- Dimensional modeling experience preferably with a modeling tool such as Toad Data Modeler, ERwin, Embarcadero, ER/Studio Data Architect etc.
- Experience working with large data sets, tables containing greater than 100 million rows.
- Experience developing SSIS packages to load slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting production ETL process issues.
- Strong experience working with T-SQL and query optimization
- Strong experience interfacing with business users and understanding their requirements
- Familiarity with the Kimball lifecycle
- Cloud experience with AWS or Azure
- Experience with SQL 2017
- Experience with VMWare
- Java and/or .NET experience a plus
- Big Data experience a plus
- Experience with OLAP is strongly preferred.
- SSAS and MDX knowledge is highly desirable
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field preferred.
|Job Category||Data Engineer|