Title: Oracle Development DBA
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Duration: 6 month contract
About the role:
As an Oracle Development Database administrator your job includes performance tuning and troubleshooting, assisting the development teams with design, as well as doing POCs on Oracle features in order to guide the teams on how to best use our database technologies. This role can be based out of our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL or our new development center in Denver, CO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analyses to determine how to make best use of Oracle’s features (compression, InMemory, partitioning, cell offloading, etc), and then communicate this information to the development teams.
- Guiding the development teams on Oracle best practices.
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provide development teams with ongoing education on new Oracle features and how to use them.
- Oversee the SQL and PL/SQL performance standards and review code changes to verify compliance.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience including relational database programming experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in Financial Services or other regulated industry preferred.
- Experience with the following Oracle products and options: Oracle RDBMS Enterprise Edition, Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)
- Experience with the following Oracle products and options preferred: Exadata and other engineered systems, Multitenant, Advanced Compression
- SQL and PL/SQL code development and tuning
- Performance tuning and analysis using Oracle tools (AWR, ASH, etc).
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; create POCs to evaluate performance of Oracle features.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use evidence-based analysis for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remain current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
|Job Category||Oracle DBA|