About This Opportunity
This individual will be responsible for supporting multiple mission critical Oracle Databases in RAC environments and ensure their 24X7 operational availability. Attention to detail, top notch technical skills, precision in execution, proactiveness to anticipate and avoid issues, promptness of delivery, accountability, and the ability to succinctly communicate would all be characteristics expected from the successful candidate.
This is a Senior-level Position requiring excellent Technical skills as well as excellent Soft Skills. The ability to professionally communicate with leadership and peers is just as important as the technical skills required in this role. The ability to multi-task with excellent Time Management is a core requirement. Proactiveness and Accountability are keys to operational excellence and the same will be expected from the successful candidate. Strong competencies in Oracle database troubleshooting, configuration, support and setup, backup/recovery, and related tasks with multiple instances of Oracle databases are the key technical skills required. Resource needs a solid understanding of other inter-related database, storage, operating system, networking, and other technologies commonly found in the architecture of larger enterprise class environments. “Can do” attitude is critical as well as ability to be flexible, level-headed under pressure, strong team work sensibilities, and a general all around hard worker.
- Strong technical experience with Oracle RAC/ASM and Oracle DataGuard architecture on Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c.
- Strong experience in a Production Operations environment as well as Development Support.
- Experience with all aspects of database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and recovery.
- Responsible for evaluating patch releases from Oracle and patching requests from development, and communicating constraints, issues, and timelines for deployment.
- Proactive database monitoring in support of metrics, issue avoidance, and issue resolution.
- Database and PL/SQL optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
- Actively participate and contribute to projects involving enterprise systems enhancements.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation about the database and the data architecture.
- Experienced with Unix Shell Scripting (ksh/bash).
- Proficient with OEM/SQL Advisor/ADDM/AWR
- Ability to work independently with very limited supervision. Excellent Time Management skills are a must.
- Ability to provide inputs to improve process.
- Possess Excellent teamwork skills
- Willing to provide 24×7 On-Call coverage on a rotating basis and be generally reachable when not on call.
- Willing to work on late nights and weekends as needed.
- Need to be thorough and prompt in reporting.
- Work with cross-functional project teams to resolve technical performance issues/bottlenecks (e.g., network, storage, application).
- 5+ years in a development or support organization supporting large applications with Oracle on Linux platforms
- Core competency with Oracle 11g RDBMS and Oracle 12c RDBMS
- Very Strong experience with Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and ASM
- Experience in a 24×7 high availability environment required.
- Experience with DataGuard/Active DataGuard/DataGuard Broker design and implementation
- Experience with the design and implementation with Oracle GoldenGate
- Experience with Oracle Options including Partitioning, Advanced Compression, Advanced Security, VPD, EBR, etc. a plus.
- Strong Experience with Disaster Recovery implementation and testing using DataGuard and GoldenGate preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to leverage and use Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Expert backup and recovery skills utilizing Oracle’s RMAN utility
- Expert Database performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
- Expert SQL performance tuning and trouble shooting skills
- Strong LINUX experience (scripting experience/knowledge required)
- Strong quantitative, analytical, communication and verbal skills with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently toward assigned goals
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Skilled at working well with different staff levels, within and out of core competency.
|Job Category||Oracle DBA|